We are hosting my baby sister, her Hawaiian boyfriend, my sassy cousin and her fiance. Our house has plenty of space, 3 bedrooms with a garage converted into a man cave complete with oversized couches, mini basketball hoops, and most importantly a beer fridge. BUT, we only have 1 bathroom. Good thing we can shower in the ocean if need be :)So, what do I have planned for my awesome family spending the weekend with us in little beach town Bird Rock? All of them commute to work in our Northern California hometown therefore my goal is to show them San Diego the Euro way by walking and biking as much as possible. I’ve only lived here a month but these are my favorites so far.
* The French Gourmet for brunch and enjoy the rather light Egg Ratatouille and homemade bread.
* Cass St. Diner don’t bother unless you love Almond Croissants as much as I do. A close second to Ireland’s Gourmet Tart Co.
* Bird Rock Coffee BEST coffee on the west coast.
* Cocktails at George’s at the Cove we save the pricey dinners there for a birthday or anniversary.
* Sweat it out at CorePower Yoga. You can try it free for 1 week!
* Picnic at Calumet Park (all photos are from Calumet) to watch gorgeous sunsets, let the puppy run around and make friends with locals.
What to Pack for a Weekend in San Diego
– bathing suits
– lightweight dresses and tops
– sweater or sweatshirt for the chilly nights
– running clothes, the paths along my neighborhood are beautiful!
– hat to keep your pretty little face out of the sun
– backpack for the bike rides, I rarely use a purse
– flip flops, running shoes, leave the heels at home
Fact: Half of San Diego does not own a pair of shoes. I see at least 5 people everyday barefoot, at work, restaurants, shopping, airports. I’m not joking.
– sunglasses to hide your staring. Surfers are nice to look at 😉
Get here already!