From 2007-2009 Marissa was the creative director and apparel designer of start-up K Active by Kerri Walsh, the Olympic Beach Volleyball three-time gold medalist. She took the debut collection from concept to production, secured sales outlets and created and led the launch marketing strategy.
Scope: Activewear Designer
• Brought on high profile accounts including National chains.
• Presented/sold at 40+ trunk shows and pop up shops.
• Apparel and branding design for Kerri Walsh, 3 time Olympic beach volleyball gold medalist.
- Working with the legendary #1 beach volleyball player in the world!
- Managing production for the first time. In design school, we spend a lot of time on the computer in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. But nothing will prepare you for working in a factory – troubleshooting stitching issues, heat transfer application problems, the importance of fabric relaxation (especially working with activewear performance fabrics), and keeping the sewers on time and consistent. I spent weeks in downtown LA garment factories to ensure production met our delivery timelines.