Team USA Designs
The highlight of my 2 years at Mizuno was creating the Olympic Uniform Jacket for Mens and Womens Indoor Volleyball and Womens Beach Volleyball bathing suits.
Marissa joined the Mizuno team in March 2012 as a freelance designer for its volleyball and softball lines—the latter of which can be found in Dick’s Sporting Goods stores. The highly respected maker of active wear and sports apparel uses the tagline Never Settle™, and the company lives that philosophy every day. Marissa is finding it especially rewarding to design for a brand that sets such high standards and won’t settle for anything less..
In 2013 I also designed for: Mens Beach Volleyball, Womens Golf, Womens Beach Volleyball and Mens Baseball.
Scope: Mens and Womens Activewear and Accessory Designer, Sourcing
- Womens volleyball and softball activewear designer.
- Launched a new Jennie Finch Softball line, exclusively for Dicks Sporting Goods.
- Womens Fast Pitch Softball batting gloves.
- Mens designer for Indoor Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, Baseball tops and outerwear.
- Sourced fabrics and trims domestically and internationally.
- Developed tech packs and samples domestically.
- As seen on Olympian April Ross, the Men’s and Women’s USA Indoor Volleyball team.
Womens Golf Designs
Behind the Scenes
A little behind the scenes fun from my week at the Mizuno USA headquarters in Norcross, Georgia. Did you know, Georgia is the birthplace of Waffle House! It was filling but delicious. Thank you Mizuno for giving me the opportunity to design for some of the top athletes in the world, it was my pleasure.