Last Saturday, a group of 6 of us trained it from Solana Beach to downtown Carlsbad for a day of beer tasting. Not any beer tasting, BELGIAN beers, ranging from hot pink, light yellow, dark brown to electric green. With over 120 to choose from the event satisfied all palettes. Pizza Port Carlsbad hosted the fiesta in their “industrial” courtyard.
When your belly is full of fermentation, mosey next door for Bread Buddies (herb and salty pizza dough bites) or a Pizza Carlsbad (veggies, pesto, chicken and sundried tomatoes on a tangy just-thick-enough crust). Then walk it all off to the train station home. Cheers!
|120 beers lined up A-Z
* Gouden Carolus Noel – Belgium – Very spicy dark ale with a
malty finish - I could drink it with every dinner, reminded me of the Guinness
* New Belgium Eric’s Ale – USA – Sour ale blended with
semi-sweet ale and peach juice - Tasty and tangy.
* Struise Black Damnation – Belgium – Strong coffee taste
and color, Black Albert ale aged in very old rum barrels – CRAZY! At least try
* De Dolle Extra Export Stout – Belgium – Brewed with candy
sugar – Sweet and refreshing
* Drie Fonteinen Schaarbeekse Kriek – Belgium – Made with
all wild Schaarbeekse cherries – Reminded me of a sour kombucha.
* Duvel – Belgium – Devil of a beer, dry and hoppy - Good
beer to bring as a hostess gift.
* Fantome Magic Ghost – Belgium – Made with green tea – My favorite
of the 120!
* Pretty Things Baby Tree – USA – Brewed with California
plums – All around favorite of the group.
|Sipping on my Fantome Magic Ghost