Using Ina Garten’s recipe as a base I swapped the white flour for whole wheat pastry flour and added fresh sage. Our sage plant is getting crazy in the garden! Speaking of the garden, anyone know of any recipes for arugula other than salad & pesto. Our arugula is creeping up to shoulder height! We can’t eat it fast enough.
I’m calling these babies Biscuits instead of Crackers at TDH’s request because they taste like a smashed parmesan fluffy biscuit rather than a cracker.
1 stick unsalted butter
3 oz grated Parmesan
1 ¼ c whole wheat pastry flour
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
½ tsp chopped fresh sage leaves
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
– Using an electric mixer (handheld or one of those fancy stand up ones) mix butter until creamy.
– Add the parm cheese, flour, salt, thyme, sage and pepper and combine. If dough has trouble sticking together add a smidge of purified water.
– Dump the dough on a lightly floured board and roll into a 13” long log. Wrap the log in plastic wrap or bag and freeze for 30 minutes to harden.
– Meanwhile, preheat the over to 350* F.
– Cut the log crosswise into ¼ to ½” thick slices. Place the slices on a sheet pan and bake for 22 minutes.
|roll into 13″ log|
|post-freeze cut into 1/4-1/2″ discs|
|lick your fingers good!|