TDH loves, loves, loves pancakes, well any breakfast food for that matter. For me, breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day. Opposite foodies can get along in a marriage right? 🙂
I’m usually rushing off to a work meeting at a Pilates, Crossfit or Yoga class in the morning. Bars and oatmeal are quick but get old SUPER fast. These pancakes are perfect for a Saturday or Sunday morning.
Accompaniments by region
Los Angeles ~ mimosa with a sprig of fresh mint
Las Vegas ~ bloody mary
St Bart’s ~ champagne
British Virgin Islands – dark ‘n’ stormy
1 c whole-wheat pastry flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 c soy, almond, rice or dairy milk
½ c plain yogurt plus 1 cup
1 c sliced strawberries
– mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
– in a different bowl, combine milk, egg, and yogurt with a whisk.
– pour liquid into flour mixture and stir together.
– fold in strawberries.
– heat a greased pan on medium, fry, turning once.
– while cakes are cooking, mix 1 cup yogurt with 1 teaspoon maple syrup and smidge of cinnamon.
– as an alternative to a normal stack of pancakes, layer a spoonful of the yogurt/syrup/cinnamon mixture between 2 pancakes.
They store in the fridge well, just fry em’ up briefly before eating Monday or Tuesday. These kept me full for hours!
|view from our deck, LA can be pretty!|