I experimented at a dinner party with the recipe swapping the tried and true tomato sauce base with fig jam. You hit all the flavors with this pizza. The fig is lip smacking sweet and takes the bite out of earthy asparagus. And you can never go wrong with Parmesan and prosciutto, they love eachother. Mangiamo amici!
Fig Jam, Asparagus & Prosciutto Pizza
Store bought pizza dough – whole wheat or white flour
1 bunch asparagus
1 package prosciutto (optional for my vegetarians)
good quality Parmesan
good balsamic vinegar (optional)
– Roll out the pizza dough to a rectangle or circle.
– Spread fig jam evenly across dough.
– Layer Parmesan, asparagus, and prosciutto.
– Bake at 350* for 10-15 minutes or until cheese starts to golden.
– LIGHTLY drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
– Sprinkle salt.
– Cool, cut and serve.